FSNS C&A auditors are certified animal welfare auditors under the Professional Animal Auditing Certification Organization (PAACO). The PAACO website lists our auditors as certified. http://animalauditor.org/auditors.php
- Goat/Dairy Goat
- Animal Welfare Transportation Addendums are offered for each red meat species
- Exotic red meat
- Red Meat Animal Welfare audits including Animal Welfare Transportation Addendum are developed and based on the AMI Recommended Animal Handling Guidelines and Audit Guide, July 2013 Edition.
Broilers Animal Welfare
- Chicken Animal Welfare with audit developed using the National Chicken Council Animal Welfare Guidelines and Audit Checklist, Approved January, 2014.
Turkey Animal Welfare
- Turkey Animal Welfare with audit developed using the National Turkey Federation’s Animal Care Best Management Practices for the Production of Turkeys, 2012 edition and the National Turkey Federation’s Animal Care Best Management Practices, 2012 edition.
Egg Laying Animal Welfare Audits
- Egg Layer audits Audit based on United Egg Producers Animal Husbandry Guidelines for U.S. Laying Flocks, 2010 Edition.
- Customer-specific animal welfare auditing.
Confidence in audit results
FSNS C&A endeavors to provide highly qualified and knowledgeable auditors to provide confidence in the results of the animal welfare audits performed. Auditors are required to be PAACO certified auditors, complete our rigorous internal training program and also participate in routine trainings provided by industry professionals. FSNS C&A animal welfare auditors participate in calibration meetings for ongoing education and calibration within the audit team. Dr. Temple Grandin has led calibration meetings with FSNS C&A leadership and audit team participation and has been an animal welfare consultant to FSNS C&A for over 14 years. With the support of FSNS C&A, our customers have the opportunity to improve Animal Welfare processes and procedures.